|Ramp (Wild Leek) Pesto || || |
Recipe Type: Main
Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
This is really a recipe that doesn't follow any strict measurement - it all rests on your taste. But here is roughly what I used
- 8 stalks ramps or wild leeks, roughly chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed upland cress
- 1 garlic, smashed
- 1/2 cup raw pistachios, shelled
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, diced
- good quality extra virgin olive oil
- Blanched the ramps in boiling water for 5 - 10 seconds, then run under cold water to stop cooking (optional).
- After chopping all the dry ingredients (from ramps to Pecorino cheese), put them all in the bowl of a food processor and whirl while slowly streaming the olive oil.
- Pulse until well-combined and desired consistency is achieved.
- Transfer in a jar and keep in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Use as pasta sauce or topping.
Recipe by Tartine and Apron Strings at http://www.tartineandapronstrings.com/2012/05/08/ramp-wild-leek-pesto/